Tales From The Pantry: A Butler's Diary

From the pantry of an historic country house comes the ongoing diary of its butler, Mr Dean Fielding. I shall be giving you a glimpse of the family I serve and of the lives both 'Below Stairs' and 'Above'. I hope you follow my jottings daily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Have been butler here for over 15 years. Having previously, and unusually for these days, worked my way up from footman to under-butler to my current post. You can now follow me on Twitter via: http://www.twitter.com/butlerfielding

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

An Ailing Butler

Apologies for the lack of updates. I am ailing. Since Sunday I have been struck down by a mysterious bug. Well it probably isn't that mysterious but it certainly is a bug, and one of flu-type proportions. I stumbled through the day's work yesterday but I am afraid I have been unable to conduct my duties today.

I feel lethargic, listless and shivery. I type this from the chair near my computer but I shall shortly return to bed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very, very sorry that you are feeling unwell. I am certain that all of your readers will join me in wishing you a celeritous and complete recovery.

6:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my web page you can find a recipe for Jeeves's bracer. Though I am not so sure whether this would be a suitable occasion for it. The recipe for a Buck-U-Uppo is not in the offing unfortunately.

Or would you prefer an Aunt Agatha?
1 1/4 oz dark Rum
2 oz orange juice
3 drops of Bitter
Pour the rum and orange juice into a rocks glass half-filled with ice cubes. Float the bitters on top, garnish with an orange slice, and serve.

On second thoughts, a few days rest might be the best for you. According to popular wisdom you eat a cold and starve a fever.

Well, all the best, Fielding, old sport, stiff upper lip and all that.
We hope to see you back in spiffing health soon.

7:33 pm  
Blogger Tea said...

Hoping you feel better very soon.
Miss your bloggings.

tea

1:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speedy recovery, old butler! With a cybercurate's blessing.

9:52 am  
Blogger Miss Mint said...

I hope you get better soon. It is never any fun to be sick. Drink a lot of juice and get plenty of rest.

6:41 pm  
Blogger Mr Fielding said...

Wayne, Aunt Agatha, Tea, Augustine, Amanda and all who sent me emails: Many thanks for the kind wishes. I am pleased to say that I am now back from my sickbed and raring to go.

Your sentiments were much appreciated.

2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home